Lombard hard freeze (update: mem>64MB)

Seanano sto9013 at ksu.edu
Thu May 11 23:33:50 EST 2000

  I've been running a lombard with 192 megs of RAM since it was purchased
without any problem.  I've been running kernels 2.2.14 - 2.2.15-pre20
with almost all of the 2.2.15-preXX kernels coming from the rysnc server
at linuxcare.com.au.  Up until I installed the 9.0.4 upgrade a few weeks
ago I was using bootX, now I've switched over to yaboot.  I usually
compile multiple programs at a time and I've never seen any kernel errors
or freezes.  When the kernel boots it shows Total Memory = 192MB.

[seanano at ip35 seanano]$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
cpu             : 750
temperature     : 0 C
clock           : 399MHz
revision        : 130.2
bogomips        : 801.18
zero pages      : total 0 (0Kb) current: 0 (0Kb) hits: 0/261 (0%)
machine         : PowerBook1,1
motherboard     : PowerBook1,1 MacRISC Power Macintosh
L2 cache        : 1024K unified
memory          : 192MB
pmac-generation : NewWorld

[seanano at ip35 /proc]$ cat /proc/meminfo
        total:    used:    free:  shared: buffers:  cached:
Mem:  195981312 50966528 145014784 25296896  3297280 22179840
Swap: 268427264        0 268427264
MemTotal:    191388 kB
MemFree:     141616 kB
MemShared:    24704 kB
Buffers:       3220 kB
Cached:       21660 kB
SwapTotal:   262136 kB
SwapFree:    262136 kB

  I'd be happy to run some tests if needed.  My network access on the
lombard is a bit unstable right now so I couldn't download the gnomehack
source...  I should be back to normal in a few days.  I don't even have
gnome installed anyway...

Sean