Any compact pci driver for MCP750?

Gong Zhuo gongzhuo at 163.net
Thu May 11 16:37:02 EST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Gabriel Paubert <paubert at iram.es>
To: Gong Zhuo_sina <gong_zhuo at sina.com.cn>
Cc: linuxppc dev <linuxppc-dev at lists.linuxppc.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2000 6:08 PM
Subject: Re: Any compact pci driver for MCP750?

> On Sat, 29 Apr 2000, Gong Zhuo_sina wrote:
>

> > Hi:
> >   I am using CPX8216. I want to run linuxppc on the system board MCP750.
Is
> > there any device driver which can support DEC21154 (or DEC21554 for
MCPN750)
> > so that I can operate the memory on board(MCPN750)  through the compact
pci
> > bus?
>
> For the MCP750, you should have no problems. But to access MCPN750, the
> code is not written and even the infrastructure is not (yet) there. some
> more work to support non transparent PCI<->PCI bridges is necessary.
>
> For various reasons (getting a larger PCI memory space being the first one
> in your case to be able t oaccess several MCPN750 in a single backplane),
> you might be interested in my prepboot loader which reorganizes Raven or
> Hawk bridges in CHRP mode rather than PreP mode
> (ftp:://vlab1.iram.es/linux-2.2/mvme*patch*).

In fact , I am moving from VME bus to CompactPCI bus . I have used your VME
bus drivers for MVME2600 and it is very good . Thank you very much. Does you
meaning there is  a similar driver for DEC21154(MCP750) so that 'open'
'close' 'mmap' and so on can be done on C-PCI just like your VME bus
drivers?

 Regards,
Gong Zhuo.