Lombard hard freeze (update: mem>64MB)

jeramy b smith ultrapenguin at netscape.net
Thu May 11 10:15:04 EST 2000

chris mccraw <chrism at ticam.utexas.edu> wrote:
> i bought a 64M SO-DIMM from viking for $cheap when i got my lombard a year
> ago.  in addition to the stock 64M, i've had no stability problems in
linux.
> macos is another story, of course...
>
> i've done some reasonably big compiles and run seti at home at the same time.
> however i've never kept at it for excessive periods of time...i'll leave a
> kernel make looping tonight building off an nfs disk to the local disk
> and see if anything turns up by morning...

I have left my lombard running for 4 days in a row which included several
sleeps. During this period I did a 6 hour stint playing with the development
kernel code and did about 20 makes. No problems and this was after I bumped it
up to 192. I could try building GRASS just to empirical though.

-Jeramy