Lombard hard freeze (update: mem>64MB)

chris mccraw chrism at brahma.ticam.utexas.edu
Thu May 11 08:19:08 EST 2000

On Mon, Jun 16, 2036 at 10:53:05PM -0500, jeramy b smith wrote:

> I guess I am just lucky then. I went to a Fry's Electronics while I was in the
> valley area. Not only was I lucky enough to get the right module for my
> lombard but I was also lucky enough to have it give me no problems in linux or
> macos. Running silky smooth here at 192MB and I am already considering maxing
> it out just for bragging rights.

just to add fuel to the fire,

i bought a 64M SO-DIMM from viking for $cheap when i got my lombard a year
ago.  in addition to the stock 64M, i've had no stability problems in linux.
macos is another story, of course...

i've done some reasonably big compiles and run seti at home at the same time.
however i've never kept at it for excessive periods of time...i'll leave a
kernel make looping tonight building off an nfs disk to the local disk
and see if anything turns up by morning...