2.3.99-pre6 sound hfs

Michael Schmitz schmitz at opal.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de
Tue May 9 19:47:43 EST 2000

> > > 2.3.18 last September.
> >
> > And it got fixed enough to be working again at least in 2.3.48 - that fix
> > (or rather workaround) may have been broken again lately.
>
> This is a little mysterious. It looks almost as if HFS is working for
> some people and not for others.

I've done a few tests and it looks like HFS in 2.3.48 is still pretty
broken. Creating a subdirectory, or copying a file to any directory except
for the root directory on a small zip partition is sure to panic. Even on
my 300 MB IDE partition, only copying to the root directory works more or
less reliably. Creating a subdirectory worked, copying the first file to
it worked, copying the second panicked. Sorry for causing a bit of
confusion...

I'll try 2.3.99 with Ani's patch next :-)

	Michael