Does a Cinema Display work under Linux?

Holger Bettag hobold at Informatik.Uni-Bremen.DE
Thu May 4 03:51:42 EST 2000

"David A. Gatwood" <dgatwood at deepspace.mklinux.org> writes:

> On Wed, 3 May 2000, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:

[...]

> > I've heard that it may work with offb, but one is limited to whatever
> > resoultion OF happens to use.
>
> I've been doing it w/ the no video drivers setting and Xpmac.  Obviously,
> you're limited with whatever res you were in with MacOS, but that's not
> _that_ big a problem, since at least the studio displays only offer one
> resolution. I would expect the Cinema displays to be similar, but I'm not
> sure.

And are you or aren't you booting with BootX? (Just to make sure.)

  Holger

P.S.: BTW, I got word from the Apple store that my shiny new hardware has
      already been sent out. Maybe I can start cursing about the "dang thing"
      as early as tomorrow. :-) I'll let you know if I find something that
      loosely resembles a workable solution.