Lombard hard freeze (still there)

Gabriel Ricard g_ricard at yahoo.com
Thu May 4 03:51:15 EST 2000

Well, I've got a 6GB HD,  192MB RAM, and I use a USB
IntelliEye Explorer or whatever those mice with the
red lights are called. Heh. I am using LinuxPPC 2k and
the -stable tree from the rsync server. My symptoms
include a wandering mouse pointer: i.e. when I am
typing rapidly, X will occasionally think I've clicked
the mouse button and the focus goes to where the
pointer was located. I also have strange problems with
my lombard locking up when I leave it in the screen
saver overnight or turn the brightness all the way
down. I haven't had any problems related to massive
network activity. If I don't boot into MacOS enough to
just get the initial grey screen and then reboot and
let yaboot load, I get some really funky effects in X.
Specifically, lines that should be vertical turn
diagonal and stuff like that.

As for the USB->serial adapter, I have one from
Keyspan which several people are working on developing
drivers for. Search the list archives for more detail
on that.

=====
Gabriel Ricard
g_ricard at yahoo.com