Does a Cinema Display work under Linux?

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at drgw.net
Wed May 3 15:18:01 EST 2000

On 30 Mar 2000, Holger Bettag wrote:

> Holger Bettag <hobold at informatik.uni-bremen.de> writes:
>

> > [I asked about the chances of a Cinema Display functioning with Linux/X11]
> >
> > On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, David A. Gatwood wrote:
> >
> [...]
>
> > > Worth mentioning, though, I'm using BootX, so it gets configured, at least
> > > to some degree, by MacOS.
> >

> > And Tim Seufert wrote:
> >
> > > You can probably at least assume that you'll be able to use it
> > > unaccelerated at its native resolution via offb.
> >

> I have been loosely following the discussion about the new updated Sawtooth
> mainboards and noticed that several people seem to be unable to use BootX on
> those new machines.
>
> Now I must assume that a Cinema Display won't 'voluntarily' work under Linux.

Basically, the accellerated aty128 drivers don't recognize the digital
output. (I had this problem with a 15" digital flat panel).

I've heard that it may work with offb, but one is limited to whatever
resoultion OF happens to use.

Troy Benjegerdes          troy at blacklablinux.com            hozer at drgw.net