Lombard hard freeze (still there)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue May 2 21:40:28 EST 2000

On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 01:22:21PM +0200, Albrecht Dress wrote:
> > my problems with the hard freezes still continue.
> > I have not come to any idea what is causing it.
> > Several methods of trying to encircle the problem area failed.
>
> Sorry, I am afraid I lost some messages of this thread.  Hope this is not
> too outdated ;-)

You can look it up in the webarchive.
http://lists.linuxppc.org/listarcs/linuxppc-dev/200004/threads.html

> I _have_ a Lombard running without problems.  So just some ideas which
> might give you some more information.  Maybe you should try to work from
> the first virtual (text) console (ctrl-opt-F1).  If the kernel panics
> (which is does very likely) it will emit this information there, but you
> will NEVER see it if you are in X, and it does not necessarily go into
> /var/log/messages.

The hard freeze's low temperature prohibits all output.
Never got any error message.

> Did you check the serial port drivers?  I rember there were some problems
> if you use the serial.c under LinuxPPC.  You do not need it, the right one
> is macserial.c.  I could trigger panics on the Lombard and on my old 7300
> by just typing "cat /dev/ttyS0 > /dev/null".

Yes I check the serial driver, built a kernel without usb and
serial support at all. But the symptoms are still there.

I have 192 MB of RAM though and a 10 Gb drive , these are the only
differences which I think my machine might have to other lombards.

	Bernhard

The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)