8260 io and caches

Neil Russell caret at c-side.com
Tue May 2 03:19:16 EST 2000

>From what I can see, the uart driver in the current linux source is written
for the 860, with no mods for the 8260.  The 8260 has some different bits
in the RFCR/TFCR parameter RAM fields.  There is a GBL bit (bit 2) that
enables cache snooping.

I'm looking at the 2.3.99-pre5 sources, at about line 2519 in uart.c:

	up->smc_rfcr = SMC_EB;
	up->smc_tfcr = SMC_EB;

change them to:

	up->smc_rfcr = SMC_EB | 0x20;
	up->smc_tfcr = SMC_EB | 0x20;

and see what happens.  Of course, you probably want to add a SMC_GBL
#define to do this properly.

Neil.