Problem: Hangs on pthread_allocate_stack during pthread_create

Indra Gunawan Harijono indragho1 at yahoo.de
Thu Mar 30 23:50:42 EST 2000

Hi,

Did someone have the problem, that pthread_create
hangs on function pthread_allocate_stack (exacly in
memset(new_thread,'\0'sizeof(*new_thread)) ?? this
happens without running with gdb etc, I just compiled
the programs under Examples and run them on the MPC86
board.

memset itself seems to work corrently (uses
glib-2.1.3/sysdep/powerpc/memset.S).

Unfortunately I do not have gdb on the board.

Following is the configuration, I uses:
Glibc-2.1.3,
powerpc running under MPC860,
gcc-2.95.2,

that I cross compiled under intel PC.

Can someone point me the sites how to build the gdb
for the board using the cross compiler?

I will appreciate, if one can give me hints or infos.

Thank you.

indra

Yahoo! Mail auf Ihrem Handy? - http://mobil.yahoo.de