[Re: PCI address collisions on 2.3.x kernels?]

Robert Shaw rshawppc at netscape.net
Tue Mar 28 03:54:19 EST 2000

Gabriel Ricard <g_ricard at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Did you copy your old .config to the new kernel src
> dir and run make oldconfig? Or just choose the same
> options? Are you sure you had the correct IDE support
> built in?

Initially, that's what I tried. Since then I have just gone in and made sure I
had the same step selected that I did in the 2.2.15pre14 kernel that works for
me. I'm positive I had the IDE support set properly (as compared to my working
2.2.15 kernel). Unless there is some new option I don't know I need.

Also, it appears to find my SCSI drive and CD-RW (SCSI) drive just fine, so I
would expect any non-IDE systems would boot. I have not tried booting off the
SCSI drive I have, but I can try that tonight and see if it gets any further.

-Robert
 mailto:rshaw at linuxppc.org
 icq:45688313
 http://www.linuxppc.org/BlueG3/