LongTrail PCI resource assignment

Geert Uytterhoeven geert at linux-m68k.org
Mon Mar 27 22:04:27 EST 2000

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > Without acceleration its logical to be *alot* slower than the old server
> > the shadowfb helps a little there (its used by default unless you disabled
> > it in the config)
>
> So the old server was accelerating already?

Yes, I had ported Ryuichi Oikawa's Mach64 acceleration for Xpmac to
XF68_FBDev. It was not that much accelerated as on ia32, but the difference
with the unaccelerated server was definitely noticable. Try `option no_accel'
in XF86Config and compare. I expect unaccelerated 4.0 to be faster than
unaccelerated 3.3.x.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds