LongTrail PCI resource assignment

Geert Uytterhoeven geert at linux-m68k.org
Sat Mar 25 00:34:52 EST 2000

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > > On a somewhat related issue (the PCI mapping funnies for the Lombard and
> > > possibly other Rage Pro devices): what are the penalties if I 'correct'
> > > the PCI mapping for the Rage Pro within atyfb_of_init?
> >
> > To be a bit more constructive: what about adapting my patches and use them on
> > the Lombard as well? Then the conflicting secondary aperture will be assigned a
> > new region, while the valid regions will stay what they are.
>
> Fine with me. I forgot to mention that I'm currently working on the 2.2.15
> atyfb source, do your patches apply to that as well? (Frankly, I tried to
> follow your argument about the PCI / OF resource handling but couldn't
> make out where it would fit in with the problem I try to solve.)

For 2.2.15, I suggest doing it in atyfb manually. But it will be quite
difficult to find a suitable free hole in PCI memory space without the resource
management subsystem.

PCI resource assignment was added in late 2.3.x, together with hot-pluggable
PCI support.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds