LongTrail PCI resource assignment

Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Fri Mar 24 23:26:00 EST 2000

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > >Another advantage of no longer using the information from the OF tree is that
> > >we can just call pci_assign_unassigned_resources() and get everything
> > >reassigned, without worrying about inconsistencies with the OF device tree.
> > >
> > >BTW, if you do want to keep the OF device tree consistent,
> > >pcibios_update_resource() is the place to do this.
> >
> > If this is called _after_ we have done the bus re-numbering, updating the
> > OF tree will be difficult since we need the old bus number to match the
> > PCI device with it's OF entry.
>
> On a somewhat related issue (the PCI mapping funnies for the Lombard and
> possibly other Rage Pro devices): what are the penalties if I 'correct'
> the PCI mapping for the Rage Pro within atyfb_of_init?

atyfb_of_init() no longer exists. Atyfb uses PCI probing only now.

> Probing the PCI config in atyfb_of_init (code stolen from the non-OFFB
> case), I get:
>
>  atyfb_of_init: got 2 adresses for ATY: 81000000-81ffffff 80881000-80881fff
>  atyfb: chunk 0 base 0x81000000 breg 16 io 0 pbase 0x81000000 size 0x1000000
>  atydb: chunk 1 base 0x80881000 breg 20 io 1 pbase 0xc01 size 0x100
>  atydb: chunk 2 base 0x0 breg 24 io 0 pbase 0x81fff000 size 0x1000
>  atydb: chunk 3 base 0x4 breg 28 io 0 pbase 0x0 size 0x0
>
> I'd like to correct the first one to only include the big endian aperture,

Why? Atyfb has no troubles finding the big endian aperture on its own.

> and the third one to use the little endian aperture (0x817ff000). Can this
> be done in atyfb_init?

Third one? ATI Mach64 chips have 2 PCI windows only, AFAIK.

I think chunk 0 maps to PCI BAR 0 and chunk 2 maps to PCI BAR 1. Don't know
what chunk 1 and 3 are.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

--