Synchronous SCSI at 10MB/s on Lombard? (fwd)

Dan Bethe dan_bethe at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 24 11:26:38 EST 2000

> far on my Lombard. The throughput as reported by hdparm has
> effectively
> doubled (from 3.3 to 6.6 MB/s), so does anyone know whether this is
> safe or there are any dangers implied when setting the transfer rate
> that
> high (if it only you could call this high!) on the external bus?

	I second the question.  And what does "safe" mean?  Could these
aggressive settings damage your data, your hardware, or both?  If it's
just data, then that's okay for me to try.  I'll turn it off when I
find corrupted data.
	Thanks!

=====
"Don't expect your own messiah; this neverworld which you desire is
only in your mind." -- http://www.dreamtheater.net/songb4.htm#IV5