stty crtscts < /dev/ttyS1 [603ev]

ce cesli at ewetel.net
Thu Mar 23 22:17:08 EST 2000

 Matt Haffner }  >Try this syntax: "stty -F /dev/ttyS1 crtscts". There's a comment in the
 Matt Haffner }  >info doc for stty that letting the shell open the device may block in
 Matt Haffner }  >certain situations.
 DeRobertis }
 DeRobertis }  Does not help. Same problem. Let me clarify "freeze", though. I mean it
 DeRobertis }  takes out the machine -- the kernel does not run processes. The machine
 DeRobertis }  might as well be turned off; it'd do as much good.
 DeRobertis }
 DeRobertis }  Unfortunately, no oopses. No backtraces. No entries in
 DeRobertis }  /var/log/messages. Nothing. It just dies.
 DeRobertis }
 DeRobertis }  A rather serious kernel bug, IMO.
 DeRobertis }
 DeRobertis }  cc'd to l-k. It's 2.2.14 running on a ppp-603ev.

 same story on my pb3400_603ev, but an old one, even with 2.1.85 as far as I remember correctly. The second try to influence ttyS0 via stty [now 2.2.14] stops everything as you described, a little bit annoying. Perhaps a problem of our special RS?
People like Paul M. have been working with a pb3400, do you know others?

greetings Claus