PB2000 (pismo) install feedback

Chris Leishman masklin at debian.org
Thu Mar 23 11:14:37 EST 2000

Hi all,

(I finally got yaboot configured (using a 100M bootstrap partition, hd:9), on
my pismo so I could test the pismo kernel.)

I compiled the kernel on a Lombard I have here, then moved the kernel
(vmlinux) onto my pismo bootstrap partition.  Initially yaboot.conf contained:

image=hd:9,vmlinux
	label=install
	initrd=hd:9,ramdisk.image.gz
	initrd-size=8192
	novideo

However, on booting the kernel, I had some very pretty errors with the video
(very, very surreal - looked like a CRT next to a big magnet).  However, when
I removed "novideo" flag it booted straight up!

Any ideas Ben & co?  Is this a known issue?

Regards,

Chris

            Linux, because I'd like to *get there* today
Reply with subject 'request key' for GPG public key.  KeyID 0xB4E24219