AltiVec on Linux

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at drgw.net
Thu Mar 23 05:46:44 EST 2000

See altivec.org, and check the tools page. There are PPC rpms of a native
compiler.

(Let me know if you want the sources)

On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Greg Allen wrote:

> So I've been playing with Motorola's new "AltiVec" compiler, and here are
> some observataions I thought I might share:
>
> It's not a "Linux" compiler -- it's strictly a cross-compiler. It creates
> the toolset "powerpc-eabisim-*". The binaries that it generates do not run
> on Linux.

Troy Benjegerdes          troy at blacklablinux.com            hozer at drgw.net

Somone asked my why I work on this free (http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/)
software stuff and not get a real job. Charles Shultz had the best answer:

"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's why
I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Shultz