Patches to fix aty128fb and xf400 r128 to work with both Rage128 and Rage128Pros

Geert Uytterhoeven geert at linux-m68k.org
Wed Mar 22 04:52:05 EST 2000

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, anthony tong wrote:
> Kostas Gewrgiou (Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 06:56:25PM +0200):
> > #ifdef __powerpc__ for this it should be better to see if the card has
> > an OF or BIOS rom first since that will allow people to keep using cards
> > with bios roms under ppc (i wonder if anyone is doing this)
> > Any ideas on how we can check if a card has OF or BIOS roms ?
>
> this is from memory (probably from the mach64 days): Bit 0 of the
> PCI configuration register 0x30 is 0 if a PC style BIOS doesn't
> exist. So we could do a check for that instead if this is verified
> to still be true.

Not true. Register 0x30 is 0 for both my S3 (with PC BIOS) and ATI (with OF
BIOS). I think you refer to the indiator for the enabled ROM?

    #define  PCI_ROM_ADDRESS_ENABLE 0x01

So you have to enable the ROM and check for the PC BIOS signature (don't know
what it is, but it should exist).

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds