patch for aty128fb.c that hopefully will work on both Rage128 and Rage128Pro

Kevin Hendricks khendricks at ivey.uwo.ca
Mon Mar 20 09:40:09 EST 2000

Hi Ben,

I looked and the aty128fb.c does not do anything with the MCLK value so I never
bothered to calculate it.

So assuming OF sets the PLL registers properly (and it did on my B+W G3 rev2
and my brand new G4 with Rage128Pro), this patch calculates the XCLK and reads
the reference divider for the VCLK but does not set X_MPLL_REF_FB_DIV at all.

The patch is attached.

By the way this patch works fine on my B+W G3, let's hope it will work fine for
you and others.  If so, I will create a similar patch for xf400 and give
that to Kostas to submit to xfree86.org.

Kevin

--
Kevin B. Hendricks
Associate Professor of Operations and Information Technology