YUP and RPM dependencies

jingai jingai at floatingpenguins.com
Sun Mar 19 03:46:00 EST 2000

> > rhlupdate
> >    rhlupdate is a small configurable perl script that will connect to
> >    your favorite Red Hat site and update all of the RPMS you have
> >    installed. It also allows you to specify what packages not to
> >    upgrade.
> >
> > It's there, you just have to look a bit around...
>
> Have you ever used apt-get? These tools like rhlupdate and rpmfind
> are not exactly like apt-get.. which is an awesome program.

Agreed!  And that is what I am looking for.

Also, I did finally get YUP to pass the sanity checks (dependencies), but
it still isn't quite what I am looking for, as it provides no way of
selecting which packages I want to install (manually), or just downloading
them rather than installing them.  I don't like to download a massive
number of RPMS and have them all automatically installed :)

-j