Auto update

Stephen Edie sedie at terraplex.com
Sat Mar 18 07:15:02 EST 2000

James,

Yellow Dog Linux contains a program called 'YUP' (Yellow dog Update
Program) which has some of the functionality that you are interested in.
It is a work in progress so there's still some things to be worked out in
it, however, it does get the job done.

YUP works with Champion Server 1.2 and should be easily ported to other
RPM based distributions.  Vendors do need to run the archive generation
program in their FTP distribution in order for YUP to be able to update
from it.

Stephen

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 Yellow Dog Linux
 http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

 Black Lab Linux
 Workstations and advanced, Parallel Solutions
 http://www.blacklablinux.com/