Patch for keyboard on Mac-clones for linuxppc

jlquinn at us.ibm.com jlquinn at us.ibm.com
Wed Mar 15 09:38:14 EST 2000

Hi all.  I've been using for some time a patch to fix the behavior of the
capslock key on Powercomputing keyboards.  It even allows capslock to be
remapped to control with xmodmap.  The trick is to have a single piece of
code that doesn't stomp on Apple keyboards.

Based on conversations with Ben Herrenschmidt, this patch tests register 2
of adb keyboards during bootup.  I don't have any apple keyboards to test
with myself, so could some kind souls apply this patch and see if their
capslock key behaves well?   The patch is against stock 2.2.14, but should
probably appply to other kernels as well.

In particular, the Apple keyboards that Ben has return 0xff in the second
byte of the reply at runtime.  But I don't know about during boot - PCC
keyboards return a different value during boot than during runtime.  So,
please try starting with capslock pressed as well as with it unpressed.  If
the capslock doesn't behave, can you send me the reg 2 data which should
have been saved into the messages log file?

Thanks,
Jerry Quinn
jlquinn at us.ibm.com

---------------------- Forwarded by Jerome L Quinn/Watson/IBM on 03/14/2000