patch to get latest XFree 4.0 snapshot (xf3918) to workonppcwithr128

Michel Dänzer michdaen at iiic.ethz.ch
Tue Mar 14 21:58:18 EST 2000

Michael Schmitz wrote:

> There's a lot more going on: in 32 bit mode the X server complains about
> invalid weight (000) and refuses to probe OK. In 16 bit mode some part of
> the server assumes 565 bit weighting but the kernel code only ever sees
> 000.

I don't know for sure, but I guess the fbdev driver gets the weight from
atyfb? That would strongly point to a bug there.

> I'm a bit confused here. In 8 bit mode, I get the X server to print a
> message like:
>
> fbdev trace: FBDevScreenInit: before screeninit8/16/32
> fbdevHW: fbScreenInit: before fbSetupScreen             < my trace message
>
>         This should not happen!
>         An unresolved function was called!
>
> That's in programs/Xserver/fb/fbscreen.c. fbSetupScreen ought to print
> another message on entry but that never happens. fbSetupScreen is defined
> in the very same source file. Funny.

Indeed... Looks like fbSetupScreen is the unresolved function, or is there an
earlier warning about unresolved symbols?

Michel

--
Columbus had a fourth ship. It sailed over the edge.
Michel Dänzer                             ///           mdaenzer at earthling.net