IDE problems with 2.3.49?- same with 2.2.15pre3

Kevin B. Hendricks khendricks at ivey.uwo.ca
Fri Mar 10 06:01:38 EST 2000

Hi Ben,

>>Is there something different about recent G4 450s that I need to worry about?
>
>Use yaboot, not BootX and tell me if you still have the problem.

I grabbed the yellowdog yaboot_0.4 (I can not get your yaboot_0.5 to
uncompress properly) and started up with with the following yaboot.conf

image=zip:vmlinux.2.2.15pre3
label=linuxppc
append="root=/dev/hda12 video=aty128fb:vmode:18,cmode:32"

And used the command-option-o-f settings to get the of prompt and then typed:

boot zip:yaboot_0.4

and at the yaboot prompt typed linuxppc

Unfortunately I could not see the screen since it got split into 3 separate
vertical panes (like the aty128fb.c problem that anthony fixed by removing
the clock setting calls if you remember).

I will try again with just the OF frame buffer and let you know what if any
error messages about lost interrupts come up.

Thanks,

Kevin