IDE problems with 2.3.49?- same with 2.2.15pre3

Kevin B. Hendricks khendricks at ivey.uwo.ca
Thu Mar 9 22:44:06 EST 2000

Hi,

I just finished installing linuxppc 2000 on my brand new G4 450MHz box and
every time I try to boot into my linux side with Bootx 1.2fc1 I get the
exact same error messages:

hdc: lost interrupt
hdd: lost interrupt

and on top of that

usbcore: USB device not responding, giving up (error=-101).

The funny thing is that the installation from the ramdisk went fine and the
keyboard and things worked with no problem.

I have tried the hda=noautotune .. hdb= ... hdc= to no avail.

Is there something different about recent G4 450s that I need to worry about?

Thanks,

Kevin