nvram access in 2.3.48?

Michel Lanners mlan at cpu.lu
Wed Mar 8 17:39:53 EST 2000

On   7 Mar, this message from Tom Rini echoed through cyberspace:
[about NVRAM]
>> > there were some posts about this about a month or so ago.
>>
>> Here is the essence:
>>
>> http://lists.linuxppc.org/listarcs/linuxppc-dev/200002/msg00079.html
>>
>> And to say I do read every message on this list...
>
> Yeah, that did it (it forgot to change the CONFIG_MAC version).  I'll pass
> it along to BK.
>
> I still think it would be a good idea to try and merge the two macintosh nvram
> drivers into one tho.

Be careful; isn't the one in drivers/macintosh needed by the M68K port?

Of course, there could be one general drivers/char/nvram.c file with
all the high-level stuff, and platform-specific files only implementing
the low-level access routines. But then, there is an API to be defined
between the two.....

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan at cpu.lu            |