Booting 2.3.48 (devel) kernel problems?

Robert Shaw rshawppc at netscape.net
Wed Mar 8 14:51:28 EST 2000

I have a PowerBook G3 (1997) that I'm trying to get the latest devel kernel
compiled and booting on (2.3.48). However, no matter what I try, it always
hangs at the "booting..." screen.

I've tried using the default ".config" from the rsync, I've tried the default
pmac_config config, and I've tried the config from a booting stable
2.2.15pre11 kernel. None of them seem to work.

Can anyone help? Does anyone have the 2.3.x series kernel booting on this
older PowerBook G3 (3400 form factor, first PBG3 made)? If so, please email me
with details.

Thanks!!

-Robert
 mailto:rshaw at linuxppc.org