nvram access in 2.3.48?

Michel Lanners mlan at cpu.lu
Wed Mar 8 08:29:45 EST 2000

Hi list,

Another weiredity I've come across in my 2.3 crusade: /dev/nvram
doesn't seem to work anymore.

I've enabled nvram support under the char devices, but the device
doesn't seem to get included in the kernel image: kmod tries to load a
module for char-major-10-144 upon access, but it's not built as a
module...

Anybody experienced this, and wants to spare me a few hours chasing
that problem?

Thanks

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |