problem on MPC8xx

LiuTao tliu at ict.ac.cn
Tue Mar 7 13:17:25 EST 2000

Hi:

> Hmmmm... Well, I remember when I got to this point it took a week or so to
> get the bash prompt to actually come out.  It was rather irritating being
> 95% of the way and stumped.  Try this, since bash is the first real process
> that runs it really stresses the board and the memory timings, etc.  Make
> sure that the libraries are being loaded and it isn't hanging half-way.  Try
> modifying fs/namei.c and put a printk at the top of open_namei to print the
> pathname.... that should dump which files are being loaded... email me the
> results of that.
I added printk() in open_namie(), the output is:

pathname:/dev/conle
pathname:/sbin/init
pathname:/etc/init
pathname:/bin/initstarting /bin/sh...

pathname:/bin/sh
pathname:/lib/ld.so.1
pathname:/etc/ld.so.preload
pathname:/etc/ld.so.cache
pathname:/lib/libtermcap.so.2
pathname:/lib/libdl.so.2
pathname:/lib/libc.so.6

Is that all right?
Another question, I don't have a PowerPC box, I build Linux on a x86 box
with cross compile environment, can I make a ramdisk? The ramdisk I am
using
is a little large, I want to make a smaller one.

Thanks!

LiuTao