bootloader ideas

Tim Riker TimR at CalderaSystems.com
Tue Mar 7 08:21:41 EST 2000

I also believe that we need to move most of the platform-specific fixup
code into a boot loader. I am looking into GRUB at this point:

http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/

The stage1 loader would need to have new ppc support, but this would
allow for complete fs support in the stage2 loader.

I will will look more at the other choices out there, but I've been real
happy with grub on x86 and it is fairly clean code. stage2 is in C and
shares much of the kernel FS code.

Thoughts?

--
Tim Riker - http://rikers.org/ - short SIGs! <g>
All I need to know I could have learned in Kindergarten