FireWire + Apple PB G3: some success

Ryuichi Oikawa roikawa at rr.iij4u.or.jp
Fri Mar 3 04:22:40 EST 2000

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <bh40 at calva.net>
Subject: Re: FireWire + Apple PB G3: some success
> BTW. I didn't find register infos in the datasheet for the TI-1131. Do
> you have those ? I'd be interested. I found only the pinout and
No, I didn't find any register information except application report
on interrupts(I'll send it to you if necessary, which is just a 115K PDF)
probably because it is obsolete. But you can find it in the pcmcia-cs
package, whose auther may have a document(though I'm not quite sure).

BBTW, I'm new in the MOL source and I need some information/explanation.
Today I tried to add RageLTPro OF properties to MOL oftree.nw,
insert it into the pci device tree and mmu map full 16MB aperture
in thw video driver(on PB G3). I could run the drawing engine within
MacOS manually, but ATI's extension didn't seem to recognize the chip
at all. I even tried to load & insert into the driver properties field
the driver extracted from ATI Driver update file, but no success.
I don't understand MOL interface mechanism yet(and unfortunately
my macos complier, symantec c++ doesn't work on recent system).

What is the correct way to accelerate MOL video?

Thanks,

Ryuichi Oikawa
roikawa at rr.iij4u.or.jp