AltiVec enabled GCC RPMS

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at drgw.net
Wed Mar 1 02:12:52 EST 2000

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Kumar Gala wrote:

> For all of you out there waiting to get your hands on an AltiVec enabled
> GCC it is now available.  Check out http://www.altivec.org/ (Tools
> Section).  There is source and patches available for binutils, gdb, gcc.
> These patches are due to the wonderful work of Tom Wood, and others at
> Motorola.

And to make this even easier, I've got RPMS for the altivec gcc compiler
for your RPM-based powerpc linux system.

Hopefully these RPMS will be on the main altivec.org download site soon,
however if you need them before then, email me and I'll get them to you.

(I only have a 256k DSL line, so having everyone download directly from my
machine wouldn't work that well :-)

Troy Benjegerdes          troy at blacklablinux.com            hozer at drgw.net

Somone asked my why I work on this free (http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/)
software stuff and not get a real job. Charles Shultz had the best answer:

"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's why
I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Shultz