AltaVec support

Holger Bettag hobold at Informatik.Uni-Bremen.DE
Wed Jun 28 17:25:09 EST 2000

ian reinhart geiser <geiseri at msoe.edu> writes:

> How stable is the altavec gcc?
>
> I am looking at using it for a project but have some concernes
> about the stability of software built with it.

Several people over on the AltiVec mailing list run PowerPC Linux and
use the patched gcc for development. So far, the only compiler bugs
discussed there were found in Metrowerks' CodeWarrior. And since many
of the AltiVec hackers have the habit of looking at the compiler generated
code (they are speed freaks, after all :-), I think one can be quite
confident that there are no bugs in gcc-AltiVec that show up frequently
enough to be of concern.

  Holger