MKL-ANN: Performa 52xx/53xx/62xx/63xx Support

Tony Mantler nicoya at apia.dhs.org
Mon Jul 31 22:31:26 EST 2000

At 1:06 AM -0500 7/31/2000, David Gatwood wrote:
>Apologies in advance for the cross-post.
>
>As of July 31, 2000, the PowerMac 5200/5300/6200/6300 family of
>computers, and their Performa equivalents, are officially
>supported in MkLinux.  Please NOTE that only the 6214 has been
>tested, so there may be some small snags in some of the others.
>Barring any surprises, though, it should "just work".

Sweet! I knew I set aside 1gig on my 5200's hd a year ago for a reason. :)

[...]
>      * SCSI is working, but rather slow.  It's partially hardware
>        at fault, and partially a lack of pseudo-DMA code.  Oh well.
>        It "mostly works."  As always, your mileage may vary.

Hehehe. If you thought the IDE ints were messed up, you're gonna just
*love* SCSI PDMA.

[...]
>      * Tony Mantler (of mac68k-land) for assistance in tracking down a
>        lost IDE interrupt.
[...]

8)

Can't wait to get home this evening to install it. You're the man, David!

Cheers - Tony :)

Tony Mantler       Renaissance Nerd Extraordinaire     nicoya at apia.dhs.org
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada                     http://nicoya.feline.pp.se/