CONFIG_PPC != Mac

Franz Sirl Franz.Sirl-kernel at lauterbach.com
Mon Jul 31 22:12:54 EST 2000

At 04:24 30.07.00, Martin Costabel wrote:

>Tony Mantler wrote:

> with
> CONFIG_MAC
> > >
> > >Ahhhhh....I get it.  Apologies to the m68k folks....
> > >OK....let me think about this and work on some alternatives.  So, it
> > >is OK to assume CONFIG_MAC implies m68k?
> >
> > At the moment, it appears yes. via-cuda.c is a good example of this. On the
> > other hand, valkyriefb.c uses __mc68000 instead, so go fig.
>
>??? Care to explain? What kernel are you talking about? I don't find any
>CONFIG_MAC in the kernel sources, nor any 68000 in valkyriefb.c.
>
>IMHO, there seems to be a lot of confusion right now with config options
>in the latest bk kernel, like you can still choose CONFIG_ADBMOUSE, but
>no longer CONFIG_ADB_KEYBOARD which is needed at several places,
>however.

What still uses CONFIG_ADB_KEYBOARD in bitkeeper? I thought I catched all
PPC uses of it? mac_keyb.c and adbmouse.c are obsolete now for PPC. The
input layer Makefile setup in drivers/macintosh needs some refinement vs.
m68k though (hopefully m68k people will use my new stuff too). The possible
selection of the obsolete CONFIG_ADBMOUSE is already fixed in my local
tree, I conditionalized it on CONFIG_MAC.

BTW, how about CONFIG_PPC_DESKTOP and CONFIG_PPC_EMBEDDED in addition to
CONFIG_PPC?

Franz.