HW Problem! Solved: Powerbook hard freeze

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jul 31 20:48:46 EST 2000

Some of you might remember my problems with a Lombard Powerbook
and hard freezes under load.

As many people reported running and stable powerbooks chances were high
that it was a hardware problem. So I send the laptop in to apple
support using the Apple Care Protection we bought.. It took a while (6 weeks).
(First: Internal apple support <-> repair communication problems so they
did not pick it up, secondly they said they had to wait for repair parts
due to a shortage.)

Got it back, the letter said: Mainboard exchanged, problems gone.

And that is how it is: No hard freeze so far, running stable for a
couple of days now.
I thought I just let you all know.

At least apple repair contractor ecprc.com got it solved.
There were no problems or question regarding my use of linux.
(As you might remember the freeze problem mostly showed when running Linux.
I could not find a way to reliably reproduce it under MacOS.)

So appart from the long time frame this is positive.
	Bernhard

ps.: To remind you I am not subscribed to the linuxppc-dev list, so
cc relevant replies to me.
The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)