LinuxPPC X Server

Steffen Haeuser SteffenH at hyperion-software.de
Mon Jul 31 05:29:59 EST 2000

Am 30-Jul-00 schrieb Iain Sandoe:

Hi!

>On the up side I built it yesterday (with Ani's rsync stuff in place of the
>xfree86 directory).  It build without problem - now all I need is time to
>test ;-)

>At present I'm not able to host the binaries (and not enough experienced
>with X to be sure of building the right collection :-)

>On the down side it took **all** day to build on my 300M G3.

>And yes, there have been reports of people trying it (one yesterday - said
>it was quicker in some places & slower in others...)

Did these sources you have compiled include the DRI Drivers ?

Do you know if the bug concerning VidModeExtension 640x480 Fullscreen is gone
? (I
could send you a small test executable...). You told it took 1 day to do... so
there were big problems/source code changes to do ? Or what caused this ?

Steffen