LinuxPPC X Server

Steffen Haeuser SteffenH at hyperion-software.de
Mon Jul 31 00:40:29 EST 2000

Am 30-Jul-00 schrieb Takashi Oe:

>On Sun, 30 Jul 2000, Steffen Haeuser wrote:

Hi!

>As I said, it works on matrox and control, your problem is specific to ati

Well, ATI is the hardware you get when you buy a Mac today. So it is the
most important thing.

>support on XF4 (I presume).  Use XF68_FBDev or go bug Ani Joshi or have a
>look at the source yourself.  You may be busy at doing your stuff, but

I was told it is a known problem. (No, I do not have the time to look at it
myselves).

>someone with the hardware and interest like you needs to look at this kind
>of things.  I hardly think this is a major bug which should hold up a
>release of an user app.

Well, if it is not fixed it most likely WILL hold up...

>Ok, you should say so (3D support for older video cards like ATI Rage) in

I meant ATI Rage 128 of course :) It is just my interest about 3D support for
the Boards you will get if you buy a G3 or G4 Mac today (which will be
ATI Rage 128 or ATI Rage Pro, depending on system).

>your previous message then.  As you may know, DRI drivers already exist
>for mga, r128, tdfx, i810 in source form.

Hmmm... I was told that no DRI Drivers would exist even for r128 ... can you
point me to a place where I can get this ? And if they exist in Source form,
someone has them already in Binary form maybe ?

Steffen