Stealth port problems

Takashi Oe toe at unlserve.unl.edu
Sun Jul 30 22:39:03 EST 2000

On Sun, 30 Jul 2000, Iain Sandoe wrote:

[...]
> The RX buffer in an 85230 (which is actually the chip - IIRC - an enhanced
> 8530) is 8 characters deep

Ok, this is a news to me.  I'm certain that SCC on oldworld pmacs is
85C30.  When did the change to 85230 occur?  If I remember correctly,
some DMA setup codes in macserial.c need to know about it if it's dealing
with 85230 rather than 85C30.

>                            - so any more that about 700 us IRQ block will
> cause a drop out at 115200 continuous...

With DMA, this is a non-issue as far as serial driver is concerned.

Takashi Oe