LinuxPPC X Server

Steffen Haeuser SteffenH at hyperion-software.de
Sun Jul 30 21:27:01 EST 2000

Am 29-Jul-00 schrieb Takashi Oe:

>On Sat, 29 Jul 2000, Steffen Haeuser wrote:

Hi!

>> - A bugfix so that Fullscreen 640x480
>>   works

>What bug?  What is not working for you?  On what hardware?  For both
>hardware I own (control and matrox), it is working just fine.

If I use VidModeExtension at first modes which are entered in XF86Config
are entered as 640x481 (but this is of course a minor problem and can be
workarounded). The big problem is that the Screen is totally messed up, looks
to me as if the Bytes_Per_Line are not correct. With 1024x768 it works
correct, but with no other resolutions (and 1024x768 is too slow for the
software renderer of the game, I need 640x480). The Hardware is a
"Blue/White" G3 Mac 1st Revision with (naturally) ATI Rage Graphics
Hardware. I am using the ATI Rage Driver.

>> - A likely timeframe for first 3D Drivers
>>   to be released, which optimally should
>>   not be more than 3 months from now

>Again, what is not working for you?  What have you tried to get them
>working for you and how did it fair?

I cannot try getting something to work what does not exist. And appearently
there are no GLX- or DRI-Drivers for ATI Rage (or any other hardware) yet.
I am talking about Hardware Accelerated Mesa3D here...

Steffen