XF4, speed and keyboard problems

Giuliano Pochini pochini at denise.shiny.it
Sun Jul 30 08:48:11 EST 2000

Hi! I finally installed XF4. It seems faster for most of operations (windows
movement is smothes, xscreensever runs fater, etc), but all visualization
plugins for Alsaplayer and xmms are 30% slower according to CPU usage
(print_a_bitmap_on_the_screen() is slower ??).

Anyway... the real problem in another one: I can't get different codes for
left/right shift control and alt keys :(((
I tried to patch mac_keyb.c to never translate R to L codes (it worked for
XF3) without success. Also, I can't anymore
emulate central mouse button with L_alt+L_button :-(((

I have a Microsoft (bleah) USB keyboard (which do send separate L/R codes in
console) and kernel 2.2.16p)

Help !!

Bye.