internal speakers on Pismo

Matthias Pfisterer Matthias.Pfisterer at gmx.de
Sat Jul 29 20:44:23 EST 2000

Hi,

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> Ok, I got it working here too. I've pushed changes in my rsync tree
> (dmasound 2.2, I'll take care of 2.4 later, I'll send you patches, Iain).
>
> Basically, clearing the additional registers is not what made it work as
> I originally expected ! What made it work was _not_ to enable the
> parallel port output.

Huh? Are you shure about this? I tried this first (not setting these two
bits, but leaving the additional registers alone) and it didn't work.
Well, I haven't tried only setting the new registers but enable parallel
output. Perhaps I should.

 However, it is needed on some machines. So what I
> did was to enable it conditionally in a way similar to what Darwin does.
> I also fixed up detection of screamer chips.

> Oddly, the master volume doesn't work (but the speaker volume does).

I have no problems with this. I can use both independently from each
other. What exactely is the behaviour for you?

--
Matthias Pfisterer	<mailto:Matthias.Pfisterer at gmx.de>

        Share your knowledge.
        It's a way to achieve immortality.

                 (from a nepalese mantra)

Java Sound Examples:
http://rupert.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/~pfistere/jsexamples/
Tritonus, the open source implementation of the Java Sound API:
http://tritonus.sourceforge.net/