Altivec on 2.4.xx?

Dan Malek dan at netx4.com
Fri Jul 28 11:15:27 EST 2000

Anyone out there using Altivec with a 2.4.0 kernel?  Maybe this
is the wrong list to ask....suggestions welcome.

There is a bug in the Instruction fault handler that interprets the
Altivec enabled flag in the MSR as a write attempt to a protected
instruction page.  It is because we commonly use the DSISR and SRR1,
and call it 'error_code' in do_page_fault.  The 0x02000000 is the
Altivec enabled flag in SRR1.

This should also break 2.2.xx (unless Altivec enabled is managed
differently and I don't know that).

Right now, I am just removing this as part of the exception handler,
so this function never finds this bit set for instruction faults.
Anyone else?

	-- Dan