pre10 ben2 9600/IMSTTFB (part2)

Iain Sandoe iain at sandoe.co.uk
Fri Jul 28 05:32:01 EST 2000

OK, it's a bit weird...

I'm trying to boot "single" now with no imsttfb option...

I have the new input layer selected in the compile (and the changes made in
/dev)

It doesn't work (i.e. I get a blank screen) with the no video option ticked
either... until...
I do sysrq-k at which point I get the init 5 stuff (and an X server with a
login prompt)...

So I can get in (and check that it is the kernel I thought I was trying) and
also look at messages - which seems to reveal no log for the previous
attempt (in spite of the fact that it seems to have made it to 'single' -
because I could type 'reboot').

No mouse working... although all the correct messages (for the new input
layer) appear in dmesg....
keyboard is OK.

I've never had a problem booting "single"  with the OF display before...
Ho Hum...

Iain.