powerbook hang from post-sleep cdrom access - fix

Michael Schmitz schmitz at opal.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Jul 27 22:12:56 EST 2000

> >Should be called from the IDE notify chain perhaps. See the last function
> >in ide-pmac().
>
> Yep, this should be done juste before the pmac_ide_dma_onoff() call in
> ide-pmac.c/idepmac_notify_sleep(). It should be done regardless of the
> disk beeing in a bay or not since new machines will ultimately support
> sleep on desktop boxes too. Something like
>
> switch(drive->media) {
>   case ide_disk:
>     // spin up the disk

Aye. Can you be more specific about 'do whatever needs to be done'? Can I
just send the disk a read command to wake it up? Send a reset
command?? Will a reset command hurt if I always send a drive reset
there?
I'll try that on my Lombard to see if I can save the nasty timeout when
the drive was powered off with hdparm -Y ?? That would help fake sleep
mode on the Pismo, or did you implement pmu sleep/wakeup there yet?

	Michael