powerbook hang from post-sleep cdrom access - fix

Joseph Garcia jpgarcia at execpc.com
Thu Jul 27 18:12:21 EST 2000

Stephan Leemburg wrote:
> I wil put the code also in pmud itself. This should in fact be done at
> kernel level, so a patch will be needed for the current tree.

So would this always be done on wake to hdc and hde?  I read Pismos, and maybe
iBooks, have their drives at hde.  I'm not sure if they are afflicted by this
problem.

might also need to consider ide-floppy drives, like ls-120 and zip.  I don't
have one myself, so I don't know if these need it either.  They dont have much
for ioctls, just eject.  If they have this problem, an ioctl to
idefloppy_media_change may be needed.

I'm not concerned about it, but might genuine floppies have the hang problem
too?

I assume a bay hard drive would error/exit without a problem because they can't
change.

Joseph P. Garcia      jpgarcia at execpc.com      jpgarcia at lidar.ssec.wisc.edu
CS Undergraduate                      Student Employee - Systems Programmer
University of Wisconsin - Madison                            UW Lidar Group