sound again [was: Re: xf4 bug report]

Iain Sandoe iain at sandoe.co.uk
Thu Jul 27 04:38:27 EST 2000

Hello all,

I'd say that a summary of today's (most interesting) thread is...

That:

(a) There's no real difference in behaviour between the back-port and the
2.2.17preXX monolithic dmasound module.

(b) The finger of blame is still pointing where I suspected (i.e. the mixer
abstraction).

OK -

1/  Is there an "official" maintainer?

2/  If not, is there anyone else (other than me) who wants to volunteer to
get to the bottom of it?

3/ Is there any reason to work on the 2.2.17preXX monolithic version or can
we continue with the 2.4.0-testxx with conditionals? (my preference as it
will transport directly to 2.4.0).

FYI: there is another party working on the I2C bus to bring support to the
iBook etc. - I've already made contact but he wants to get things going
before merging...

I *am* willing to have a go at doing a further split & debug job (certainly
on the pmac stuff).  Is there any news as to whether the code is OK of the
other platforms?

Thanks everyone for your input & an exciting read after a long and tiring
day out of the office :-)

Iain.