sound again [was: Re: xf4 bug report]

Michael Schmitz schmitz at opal.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Jul 27 03:27:14 EST 2000

> >Why not? Linux/m68k first ran on the Amiga, then on the Atari, and only much
>
> Some people might feel upset :)

Right. The very people that first brought Linux to the m68k Mac might feel
upset. One was a well known ix86 kernel hacker, the other a m68k hacker
from the Atari/Amiga camp.
While I personally never used an Amiga, and did work on mostly Atari code,
I've considered myself m68k kernel hacker first, Atari second (or third,
or....). Similar for most others on linux-m68k. With a bit of hindsight,
I'd say I'd not mention the Mac in the same sentence as all of the others.
But Amiga/Atari rivalry has never existed in the m68k team for as long as
I've followed it.

> >later on the Mac. You can even compile a kernel that will run on both Amiga
> >and Atari! :-)

And Mac, and VME, perhaps even hp300. The odd ones are Q40 and Sun3.

> Would be only a 68k Kernel then though and not use the PowerPC Board in case
> of the Amiga...

Right, but can you compile a kernel that will run on PowerMac/CHRP/PReP
and APUS? Which one's serial will work?

	Michael